[OpenLayers-Users] WMS in another machine than the webserver, what to to?

Filipe filipesilva1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 15:26:23 EDT 2012

hey everyone

im configuring my production environment for my website and now im running
into a big problem.

I have a WMS server (geoserver with GeoWebCache) serving tiles on a local
address "10.1.2.3:8090".
The web site is running in a different machine then that one.

so to access a page on my site "www.mydomain.com:8080/page.aspx"
and on the page, a OL WMS Layer with something like
OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "LayerName",
"http://www.mydomain.com:8090/geoserver/gwc/service/wms" (note the port
change)

do i really need to set a proxy on www.mydomain.com:8080??
(cgi or "Application Request Routing" or simple an ashx to redirect
requests, or any other...)

it would be much faster, and with no overload for the webserver, for me to
configure my network to route all requests from www.mydomain.com:8090 to
10.1.2.3:8090.

also, can i do it? cause of the browsers cross domain rejects..

Regards,
Filipe