[OpenLayers-Users] Set additional values to marker

eichi osm at der-eichi.de
Sat Apr 28 05:37:01 EDT 2012

Hello!

I want to set some additional values to to a marker
that I can use it if a marker is pressed.

The idea was this:

[...]
var icon = new OpenLayers.Icon(contentPath + '/img/Map_Pin_by_Merlin2525_small_yellow.png', new OpenLayers.Size(40,47),
new OpenLayers.Pixel(-3,-45)); var marker = new OpenLayers.Marker(lonLatMarker, icon);
    marker.feature = feature;

	//SET THE NEW VALUE
    marker.NEWVALUE = my_new_value;				<--- HERE

    var markerClick = function(evt) {

	//GET THE VALUE IF THE MARKER IS PRESSED
   	alert('This marker has value' + this.NEWVALUE);		<--- AND THERE
        if (this.popup == null) {
            this.popup = this.createPopup(this.closeBox);
            map.addPopup(this.popup);
            this.popup.show();
        } else {
            this.popup.toggle();

I thought, this works like "adding a value to an object in javascript like in common",
but if I use the code like this, the "this.NEWVALUE" is "undefined"

Why I need it: (maybe someone has another idea to realize this)
* user clicks on marker
* the "value" of the marker whould then put into a hidden field
* user press "remove" button to request to server to remove this marker
  also maybe an ajax call will send with the id, but I need something to identify the marker

first I used lon,lat to identify, but that is not that clean coding, because maybe there are more then one pointer on
this place and so on.

eichi

--
-