[OpenLayers-Users] MapIgniter Project and other geospatial CMS

uli uli.mueller at gmx.ch
Thu Aug 9 01:06:58 PDT 2012

Hi

we at geOps are the people behind the "new kid on the block" Cartaro.
Cartaro is still a young project with incomplete documentation, and that
is why we have not promoted it intensively so far. Let me just make a
short note about the "gap" we want to fill with Cartaro. First Cartaro
does not reinvent any wheels. In the opposite Cartaro builds on some of
the most powerful OS projects available in the fields of CMS *and* GIS,
namely Drupal, PostGIS, GeoServer and Openlayers. Carataro "simply" does
the integration of these projects into a software stack that can form
the basis as well for a small website with some geodata as for a large
geospatial project (let's call the latter "lightweight SDI"). So the
focus goes far beyond the "collective mapping" aspect. With this said
Cartaro seems to be unique among the projects named in this thread, it
integrates either more of existing CMS (as compared to mapigniter,
GeoNode, CartoDB) or more of existing GIS software (as compared to
collective.geo and CartoDB).

Who wants to stay tuned to Cartaro can follow @CartaroORG or
planet.osgeo.org, where we will publish all relevant news on the project.

Cheers, Uli

--
geOps e.K.
--------------------------------
Handelsregister A 702785, Amtsgericht Freiburg
NEU: Kaiser-Joseph-Strasse 263
D-79098 Freiburg
--------------------------------
fon     +49 761 503 126 91