[OpenLayers-Users] Using ArcGIS as a mapping server with OpenLayers

Leon D'mello leondmello at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 05:57:41 EST 2012

Hello All,

I want to you an ArcGIS server as a mapping server do display a layer of
data points on a layer of Bing maps.
Although I'm unable to successfully get the ArcGIS layer over the Bing
Layer.

Here is the JavaScript I am trying to accomplish the task with,

var map;
        function init() {

            map = new OpenLayers.Map('map_element', {
                maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-174, 18.4, -63.5, 71),
                maxResolution: 0.25,
                projection: "EPSG:4326"
            });

            var BingMap = new OpenLayers.Layer.VirtualEarth(
                            "Bing Maps",
                            { type: VEMapStyle.Shaded },
                            { displayInLayerSwitcher: false }
                            );

            var data_points = new OpenLayers.Layer.ArcGIS93Rest(
                            'Customers',
                            '
http://sqlsrvr:9595/ArcGIS/rest/services/CustomersCanada/MapServer/export',
                             {
                                 layers: "0",
                                 TRANSPARENT: true
                             },
                            {
                                isBaseLayer: false,
                                extractAttributes: true,
                                opacity:.5
                            }
                            );

            map.addLayers([BingMap,data_points]);
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher({}));

            if (!map.getCenter()) {
                map.zoomTo(1);

I tried searching on the net but to no avail. Anyone here to help me out?

--
Thanks,
Leon Dmello.