[OpenLayers-Users] Pointradius reduces at select icon

cmay gufutomozytibyfe at tempomail.fr
Sat Apr 20 13:27:44 PDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

Good to see that there is somebody from Austria who is involved in the
development. I am working at the University of Salzburg and I am currently
developing an educational tourist guide with geoext.

Thanks for the hint. I had only styled the default option. now I added
select and it works.

However I have one more issue:
I use a many to many relationship in my postgis database. (One marker can be
in many categories).
I currently use postgis view to create a table with a seperate row for each
marker in each category.
This means that the marker will be listed twice if it is in two categories.
I see two flaws with that:
1. The marker will appear multiple times on the map. (only bothers me when I
use opacity)
2. The groupview only allows me to have one hierarchy level. (i.e. no
subcategories)

Is there a better way to do it? I could just grab the category hierarchy
directly from the DB instead of via wfs and later add the markers by the
category id to the generated tree. My problem here is, that I do not know
how to link the markers on the map with entries in a treepanel that I
generate from the DB.

Any help is appreciated.

greetings from Salzburg, Chris