[OpenLayers-Users] Problem on the WFS outputFormat

Alextave andrea.alri90 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 06:16:48 PDT 2013

Hi everybody, I have a problem on my WFS. I did this WFS using deegree web
service and it worked with this two WFS made with OpenLayers:

  var WFSgeoDBPunti=new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFSP", {
    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.v1_1_0({
      url: "http://localhost:8080/services/WFSgeoDB",
      featureType: "points",
      featureNS: "http://www.deegree.org/app",
      featurePrefix: "app",
      geometryName: "Point"
    })
  });

  var WFSgeoDBTratti=new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFST", {
    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.v1_1_0({
      url: "http://localhost:8080/services/WFSgeoDB",
      featureType: "path",
      featureNS: "http://www.deegree.org/app",
      featurePrefix: "app",
      geometryName: "Percorso"
    })
  });

Now I added those lines in the deegree's WFS:
  <GMLFormat gmlVersion="GML_32">
    <MimeType>text/xml; subtype=gml/3.2.1</MimeType>
    <GenerateBoundedByForFeatures>false</GenerateBoundedByForFeatures>
    <GetFeatureResponse>
      <ContainerElement>FeatureCollection</ContainerElement>
      <FeatureMemberElement>featureMember</FeatureMemberElement>
    </GetFeatureResponse>
  </GMLFormat>

And the previous OpenLayers WFS doesn't work. I have this error:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"
version="1.0.0">
  <ows:Exception exceptionCode="InvalidParameterValue"
locator="outputFormat">
    <ows:ExceptionText>This WFS is not configured to handle the output/input
format 'gml'</ows:ExceptionText>
  </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

I suppose it is related with te outputFormat element the OpenLayers WFS but
I am not sure.
I am stuck, what I have to do to fix it?

Best regards
Andrea