[pdal] Filters.assign: not all filters applied

Eric Robeck erobeck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:13:36 PDT 2018

Andrew,

I was busy using PDAL for batch exporting, so I just got back to this now.
I see my mistake- that should be '0.50'. I hadn't noticed it before because
PDAL didn't throw an error. However, when I make that the LAST assignment,
I get the same error. So this:

    {
      "type":"filters.assign",
      "assignment":"Classification[:]=0",
      "assignment":"Window[:]=12",
      "assignment":"Slope[:]=0_50"
    },

returns this:

PDAL: filters.assign: Invalid value for argument 'assignment'.

As I said before, my PDAL instance must be skipping all but the last
assignment, so it didn't throw an error until I made it the last
assignment. Even in the instance above, the Classification and Window
assignments are not made.

Even when I strip out everything but the reader, writer, filter and assign
stages (as below), PDAL still ignores the Slope value error and fails to
assign all but the Red value. I am using PDAL 1.7.1. This isn't an
impediment to my workflow, as I got around it using multiple stages with
single assignments.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Eric

{
  "pipeline":
  [
    {
      "filename":"C:/data/forest_park/forest_park_orig_dtm.laz",
      "type":"readers.las",
      "count":100000
    },
    {
      "type":"filters.ferry",
      "dimensions":"=>Window, =>Slope"
    },
    {
      "type":"filters.assign",
      "assignment":"Classification[:]=0",
      "assignment":"Window[:]=12",
      "assignment":"Slope[:]=0_50",
      "assignment":"GpsTime[:]=3000",
      "assignment":"Red[:]=255"
    },
    {
      "type":"writers.las",
      "minor_version":"4",
      "compression":"true",
      "extra_dims":"Window=uint8, Slope=float",
      "filename":"c:/data/forest_park/filters_assign_test.laz"
    }
  ]
}