[pdal] Filters.assign: not all filters applied

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:20:53 PDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 11:13 PM, Eric Robeck <erobeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I was busy using PDAL for batch exporting, so I just got back to this now.
> I see my mistake- that should be '0.50'. I hadn't noticed it before because
> PDAL didn't throw an error. However, when I make that the LAST assignment,
> I get the same error. So this:
>
>     {
>       "type":"filters.assign",
>       "assignment":"Classification[:]=0",
>       "assignment":"Window[:]=12",
>       "assignment":"Slope[:]=0_50"
>     },
>
> returns this:
>
> PDAL: filters.assign: Invalid value for argument 'assignment'.

Thanks for your persistence in helping me track this down.  This issue was
introduced when we switched from XML pipelines to JSON, which has ambiguous
handling for repeated keys.  I've opened the following issue to deal with
the problem:

https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/1941

For the time being, you can create multiple assign filters and get the same
behavior.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bell