[pdal] PDAL Windows debug configuration

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Apr 25 04:24:00 PDT 2018

On 4/25/18 3:27 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 25 April 2018 at 10:24, Lars <laasunde at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Odd Ragnar,
>>
>> Appreciate your feedback.
>>
>> The https://www.pdal.io/development/compilation/dependencies.html lists all
>> of PDAL's dependencies which is quiet long.
> You can iterate over run cmake - get dependency cmake complains about
> - run cmake.
> You can also try to build-install many of the dependencies (also debug builds)
> from the vcpkg [1] packages, including GDAL 2.2
Mat,

Is vcpkg the thing we should be investing in for post-OSGeo4W Windows
packages and packaging? The ecosystem is densely populated, and which
one the community has gotten behind is not clear to someone like me who
isn't plugged into Windows development. I would much rather be putting
our Windows packaging effort into something that's Windows-wide rather
than OSGeo4W-wide, especially because OSGeo4W packages stale to the
point of unusability.

I know that Windows packaging has improved over recent years, but I
don't have enough experience on the topic to know where to invest PDAL's
limited resources to fall in line.

Howard