[pdal] PDAL Windows debug configuration

Odd Ragnar Lydersen Odd-Ragnar.Lydersen at powel.no
Wed Apr 25 05:11:43 PDT 2018

Coming from libLas, to PDAL, I really just want to use the Las functionality, and I have only tested for the las format, and it works.

My test project in VS2017, uses the binaries from OSGeo4W64, while our main program already uses our own compiled GDAL 2.2.3, and it works there as well.
I had to change the paths in CMake to use our own build, after initial test.

In CMake I turn off all that I can, and I would have liked to turn off even more. (WITH_GEOS, WITH_GDAL, WITH_LIBXML2, ...)

The following binaries I copy from the OSGeo4W64 folder:
Geos_c.dll, lbxml2.dll, libcurl.dll, iconv.dll
xerces_c_3_1.dll we already have from GDAL, but this is also a dependency.

So I can't give you an answer on if all of GDAL, or even PDAL will work with what I have done, but at least I can verify that it compiles and runs LasReader and LasWriter.