[pdal] Merging buffered tiles

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 16:51:45 PDT 2018

Yes, but pdal helps those that help themselves. You can do it but you have to provide all the info. You’d have a pipeline that would apply a crop filter to each tile and that crop filter would have the geometry that would be the inside buffer for each tile. You’re last writer would merge the tiles together (you can use a merge filter but its no longer required for pdal 1.5+). For pdal 1.6 and 1.7, you’ll want to make sure you use stream mode (default in pdal 1.7) as that will minimize the memory footprint.

Michael Smith
Remote Sensing/GIS Center
US Army Corps of Engineers