[pdal] Conda for official Mac/Windows PDAL packages?

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Sat Jun 2 07:09:00 PDT 2018

> On Jun 1, 2018, at 5:32 PM, Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hmmmm... I'm really fine with conda package but especially because I'm a linux user and there I can use a single interpreter... but what is the case in win? If I want to share my env and data with a qgis python env, this wouldn't be possibile.

The problem has been that QGIS controls the Python environment with OSGeo4W and makes everyone conform to it. With OSGeo4W becoming more difficult in both the packaging and use directions, it is time to reevaluate that position. OSGeo4W is a poor replication of the Conda environment at the moment and diverging rapidly.