[pdal] Installing python-pdal with rivlib support

Phil Wilkes p.wilkes at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 21 09:25:34 PDT 2021

Hi there

I would like to install pdal with the python extension and with rivlib
support. I have successfully installed pdal with rivlib support (compiled
from source) and also the python extension installed through conda. But the
version of pdal used when importing into Python is the version also pulled
from conda - not my built version.

My next attempt was to pull the git repository of python-pdal and install
with setup.py. I have put this in the PDAL source directory. I had to make
some adjustments to the PDALConfig.cmake (the PACKAGE_PREFIX_DIR was
pointing at my home directory not the build directory of PDAL so I have
hard coded this for now) but I am getting many errors (I think related to
not finding certain headers e.g. *fatal error: pdal/pdal_config.hpp: No
such file or directory*).

Any help with this issue would be greatly received.

Phil

Dr. Phil Wilkes

UCL Geography, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT

& NERC National Centre for Earth Observation