[pdal] Installing python-pdal with rivlib support

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 09:45:52 PDT 2021

One thing I do a lot when developing - including for pdal-python - is to
install with Conda and then replace the binary objects (e.g, .dll or .so or
.dylib etc) with my custom built versions. It usually works.

Instal pdal-python into a conda env (lets call it 'test').

Then go into your conda root (usually '~/Anaconda3' or '~/miniconda3' or
something like that) and find the 'envs' folder. There should be a folder
in there for the conda environment (i.e. 'test' as specified above).

In there - find the PDAL shared object - depends on your os (e.g. pdal.dll
in `Library\bin` on Win or pdal.dylib in `bin` on mac etc). replace that
and any other shared objects with your custom compiled versions as
required.

Pdal-python should now be using your custom version of PDAL.