[pdal] filters.python failure

Karl Keller Karl.Keller at kci.com
Tue Aug 23 04:43:52 PDT 2022

Update on the non-running validation steps.  After researching various paths, like PDAL_DRIVER_PATH and _CONDA_SET_PDAL_PYTHON_DRIVER.  Paths appeared to be pointing to the filters.python executable.  Since that appeared to be correct, I just installed PDAL 2.2.0 over the python-pdal installation of PDAL already existing.  Processing proceeded as normal afterwards, so it's just part of my build process now.

On a different note, I'm noticing a rather lengthy step in transformation application to clouds of approximately 20M points.  Upwards of 5 minutes per file on a large box (128 GB ram, 1 GPU/1GB, fast drive).  Just curious if this is normal or suggestive of a problem.  Others have the same experience?

Thanks!