[pdal] Change vertical datum

Ulises Ibarra ulisesmartinibarra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:22:31 PDT 2024

Thank you very much for the answers:

In previous versions of pdal, the result of the vertical datum change was
an output.las file with a new height system, still with the legend "Warning
1: +init=epsg:XXXX syntax is deprecated. It might return a CRS with a
non-EPSG compliant axis order."

But currently I have not been able to achieve it, I am using pdal version
2.6.3. And the output.las file does not reflect the vertical datum change.

I did several pipeline tests, for example:

[
     "./input_WGS84_UTM14N.las",
     {
         "type":"filters.reprojection",
         "in_srs":"EPSG:32614",
         "out_srs":"+proj=utm +zone=14 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +units=m
+no_defs +geoidgrids=C:/clouds/geoids/GGM10_GEO.gtx"
     },
     {
         "type":"writers.las",
          "a_srs":"EPSG:32614+5703",
         "filename":"./output_WGS84_UTM14N_GGM2010.las"
     }
]

and there is no vertical datum change in the output.

Later I tried to use the filters.projpipeline filter, but I don't know how
to tell it "change vertical datum using the geogrid.gtx achvio"

I used this pipeline:
[
     "./input_WGS84_UTM14N.las",
     {
         "type":"filters.projpipeline",
         "coord_op":"+proj=pipeline +step +proj=vgridshift
+grids=C:/clouds/geoids/GGM10_GEO.gtx",
         "out_srs":"EPSG:32614+5703"
     },
     {
         "type":"writers.las",
         "a_srs":"EPSG:32614+5703",
         "filename":"./output_WGS84_UTM14N_GGM2010.las"
     }
]

and I got this:

(pdal pipeline filters.projpipeline Error) GDAL failure (1) PROJ:
vgridshift: Invalid latitude

Could you guys give me a clue what I'm doing wrong?

Cordially

Ulises Ibarra