[pgrouting-dev] http://docs.pgrouting.org/dev/doc/src/developer/sampledata.html#sampledata

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jul 8 05:27:11 PDT 2013

On 7/8/2013 5:59 AM, Dave Potts wrote:
> hi List,
>
> Is it possible to rewrite the sample data network to (
> http://docs.pgrouting.org/dev/doc/src/developer/sampledata.html#sampledata
> )to include a more distinctive data sample?
>
> I have been trying to use it to provide an input data sample for a TSP
> problem.  I had problems because the current network generates several
> routes that all look identical to the TSP so if you attempt to do some
> topological work, you end up with several identicial routes selections.
>
> For example the selection
>
> SELECT  seq,  id  FROM  pgr_tsp('{{0,1,3,3},{1,0,2,2},{3,2,0,2},{3,2,2,0}}',X);
>
> where x  is in the range 0-3 will generate 4 paths of which the profile is two routes of 121 or 212 measured in distance unit terms

Dave,

Daniel was trying to use one sample data for all the examples and in
general this as worked well for most of the examples where we are
computing simple routes. I think the driving distance and tsp examples
probably need to have a slightly larger graph too adequately demonstrate
the function.

If you have another graph that you think might be more appropriate for
demonstrating both of these commands commands I think there is room for
it. I know Daniel and I are both tied up at the moment on funded project
work at the moment, but it you were inclined to make an additional
sample graph and update the docs we would love to get a pull request to
help out the release.

We have put a lot of effort into having complete documentation coverage
of all the functions in 2.0. We still have some work to do but this is
an area that we would be happy to get help on. If you don't have time to
do this at least open a ticket so it gets tracked.

Best regards,