[postgis-devel] Extension Versions

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 04:34:28 PST 2012

On 09/01/12 21:54, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> The extensions denote what kind of processing is expected on them...
>
> .in.c will be run through the C preprocessor to pick up #defines etc
> .in will be run through a simple substitution for MODULE_PATHNAME
>
> Looking at them, the .in step could easily be added to the C
> preprocessor routine, removing one category of file right away.
>
> However I think I will leave well-enough alone for now.

Yeah. The reason I did this was because the substitution of .in files
was handled automagically by the default PGXS rules - it makes sense to
stay with this so that if any other magic needs to happen on newer
versions of PostgreSQL then it just will, rather than us having to
maintain our own set of parallel rules again (as we used to do before PGXS).

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk