[postgis-users] can't run lwpostgis

Ryan D. Enos renos at ucla.edu
Sun Aug 19 01:23:49 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone,
I'm sure this is an easy answer, but it has me held up and I'd really
like to figure it out.
I am recently running Windows Vista with postgresql 8.2, I am attempting
to upgrade to postgis 1.3.1.  As such, I have removed the earlier
version of postgis using the postgres installer.  I have run the postgis
1.3.1 installer and am trying to do the 'softupgrade'. Here is the
problem, when I run the command from:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\share\contrib>psql -f
lwpostgis_upgrade.sql -d il_voter_1
'psql' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

When I run from:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin>psql -f lwpostgis_upgrade.sql -d
il_voter_1
Password:
lwpostgis_upgrade.sql: No such file or directory

But the file is definitely there!  I have even tried to build it myself
using the suggestion from the documentation.

So, I'm sure this is just something about the way I have postgresql
installed, but can anybody help me out on this.
Thanks.
Ryan