[postgis-users] Mac OS X regression failures - 13/35 (was no "coveredby" in liblwgeom.1.3.so")

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Aug 19 09:52:00 PDT 2007

Ah yes, now that I look closely at your original configure line, --
with-geos wasn't right.  It built because GEOS is optional, and since
it wasn't found it was left out.  There was really nothing wrong,
just unexpected ;)

I've never run the regression tests on my builds.  I just tried, but
the readme didn't tell me I need a PG role with my login name (a
convenience I never set up) or a postgis_reg database.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried my OSX binaries?  I packaged up
1.3.1 yesterday.  The installer is setup so that it should install on
any Postgres 8.2 in the default location (/usr/local/pgsql), or I
also have a Postgres installer available.

I got so distracted by other things when I started doing them that I
never got around to asking to get them listed at the postgis site, so
it isn't easy to find them (on my site). [writing Paul Ramsey now
about this...]

On Aug 19, 2007, at 12:39 AM, Webb Sprague wrote:

> Ok, never mind, I didn't know how to set my --with-geos flag correctly
> (though it is too bad that is built all the way then wouldn't work at
> run time).
>
> I get a bunch of regression errors which don't make any sense to me.
> Follows, though is the result of make test, and I can provide the
> diffs upon request.  I am running SVN, so maybe I get what I deserve:

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people
of the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating
the ____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war