[PROJ] EPSG:1104

Torill Kjøsnes Gabrielsen torill.kjosnes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 03:01:19 PST 2023

Hi,

I am writing to inquire about the availability of the EPSG:1104
transformation in PROJ 9.3.1 and 9.2. I have noticed that PROJ supports the
EPSG:1104 coordinate operation method;

*projinfo **urn:ogc:def:coordinateOperation:EPSG::1104*.

However, when I try to use this transformation in the projinfo command for
transformation between coordinates expressed in EPSG:4201 and EPSG:4326,
the EPSG:1104 method is not listed as a candidate;

projinfo -s 'EPSG:4201' -t 'EPSG:4326' -o PROJ --spatial-test intersects
--show-superseded

As far as I know, the EPSG:1104 transformation is a valid 3-parameter
transformation and should be applicable for transforming coordinates
between these two CRSs. Therefore, I was wondering if there is a reason why
this transformation is not listed as a candidate by the projinfo command.

Thanks for your help and support.

Best regards,

Torill Kjøsnes Gabrielsen