[PROJ] Area of usage (short) name

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Sat Jul 22 01:35:52 PDT 2023

Le 21/07/2023 à 18:48, Even Rouault a écrit :

> I don't think EPSG extent short names qualify as identifiers. They
> might be altered between EPSG releases. Only their EPSG code is a true
> (ie unmutable) identifier.

True, but this is true for CRS name as well, and nevertheless ISO 19111
defines the type of those names as MD_Identifier. I agree that this is a
bit surprising. A possible rational is that MD_Identifier contains a
`version` attribute. so while the identifier code alone is ambiguous and
unstable, the (code, version) or (namespace, code, version) tuples are
more stable.

     Martin