[PROJ] Is your the geoid model from your country in PROJ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Apr 25 13:16:05 PDT 2024

I figured it out. The files_removed.geojson file at
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ-data/blob/master/files_removed.geojson
lacked a "version_removed" property, which caused the final
files.geojson file used by projsync to also lack it. And without the
information of the version where a file has been removed, projsync is
conservative and tries to download it since it doesn't know if it might
be useful or not.

I've fixed it in
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ-data/commit/5e84d7936226f70442f1360077ffafbf1dea2f9a
, also adding consistency checks so we properly fill metadata when
removing a file

But the bottom line is that we can't just remove a file from the CDN
without breaking projsync of older PROJ versions. We might remove it one
day when we are reasonably confident that nobody longer used a PROJ
version that uses a PROJ.data that is lower than the version where the
file was removed. But that's more a 5+ years horizon to be on the safe side