[Pywps-dev] Interested in pyWPS GSoC ideas

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:34:21 PDT 2014

hi,

just noting, that the "database output storage" topic is alreadt taken by
someone else.

We can offer you the "publishing data with mapserver/geoserver/qgis mapserver"
topic.

The idea of GeoServer was, that you use it's REST API (you should probably join
the gconfig https://github.com/boundlessgeo/gsconfig project too) for data
publishing and you use the storage, which will be given (file or
postgis/spatialite/... - another GSoC project).

Another option could be, as you metioned, the data will be uploaded to GeoServer
storage and geoserver will be configured.

The first option is IMHO much simplier, since you do not have to care about data
transfare (data are already there, assumed, they are on the same server for file
storage, for PostGIS, you do not care).

Should go ahead with the aplication questions: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014_Ideas#Application_questions_we.27ll_ask_you

NOTE: March 21: Student application deadline.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at gmail com