[Qgis-community-team] joomla-version

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 15:08:59 EDT 2008

Hi Stephan,

joomla 1.0.15 is now installed, so we can start. I added a .htaccess file to the
new website. It is not really a secret, but shall prevent that people think
they are at the official qgis website before we really switch from qgis.org to
qgis.osgeo.org.

htaccess user: qgisweb
htaccess pw: qgisweb

Website:
http://qgis.osgeo.org/

Administration:
http://qgis.osgeo.org/administrator/

@Stephan: I added a joomla account for you (the same as for the old joomla). So
you can have a first look. I send you more information tomorrow and will start
with a backup solution.

regards,
 Otto

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:25:14 +0200
Stephan Reber <stephan.reber at sr-gis.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> let's start the migration. I think Joomla is a good solution for
> everyone who is working on the website.
>
> Yes, I am experienced in working on Linux. I tried Suse (I think it was
> 7.x) years ago without real pleasure, but I tried to work with the
> following versions from time to time. Now I use Ubuntu for nearly two
> years. But Fedora is quite new to me.
> Maybe you can use the same data for my account as we used for Jommla.
>
> Tim, thanks for template tutorial. I'm not sure to create a new
> template. But for updating an existing template it is also nice to know
> what's going on.
>
> Regards
> Stephan
>
> Otto Dassau schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > qgis.osgeo.org is now prepaired. I know we could discuss more, but I think
> > we have a good and extendable solution with joomla, so I decided now to
install
> > a joomla 1.0 suitable for the server, because I want to start the migration
> > process now.
> >
> > Stephan I guess I will add an account for you on that server so you can
directly
> > work on the templates, etc if necessary. Are you experienced working on
linux
> > (fedora)?
> >
> > regards,
> >  Otto
> >
> > On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:07:02 +0200
> > Stephan Reber <stephan.reber at sr-gis.de> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi Otto,
> >>
> >> allright, let us use joomla 1.0. I wasn't sure about the used PHP
> >> version. So this is a good point for the decision to use 1.0. I think,
> >> the support for this version is going on for a longer time, since there
> >> are many websites using the 1.0 version and the  joomla development
> >> seems not very fast.
> >>
> >> So, I think, we can install joomla. The used php and mysql are a good
> >> choice for a stable website with joomla 1.0. Do we have ftp-access to
> >> the server? And what else is to do for the installation, especially
> >> because the support for our server is pretty limited and small.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Stephan
> >>
> >> PS: And Thomas, thanks for the offered support.

> > in

> > it,

> > have at

what