[Qgis-community-team] Template

Stephan Reber stephan.reber at sr-gis.de
Thu Jun 5 10:42:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

as the server works and Joomla1.0 is installed. It is time to work on
the website.

The first point is to come to a decision about the template. I thought
of putting a choice of three templates online to look what is a good
representation of QGIS. First can be the used template used currently on
qgis.org. Tim, would you please so kind to send me the template
(Thanks!) It's a nice template, but I think, there has to be little
modification (e.g module positions). Second idea is to search a new
template, where no great changes have to be made. And at last I can
modify the installed template. My knowledge of html/css is enough to
change some things on an existing template but not to create a new
template. So in the end we can decide which template fits best and what
other changes are required for a nice website.

The next point I think about is, what happens to the content of old
website. Should the whole content migrate to the new site? We can import
it and reorder it. Some points may move to the wiki/blog. Or we put an
archive on the website, so the old content (e.g. news, interviews) is
available there.

Regards,
Stephan