[Qgis-community-team] Re: more latex questions

Thomas Becker thomasgeo at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 16:06:18 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

I haven't got SVN access for now so I took the current branch (0.9.1)
from the repository using wget.

Now I am sitting here trying to compile the user_guide.tex and it
appears to me
that there are several superseded versions of packages used within
qgis_syle.sty. Your log file is giving already hints about several
documentclasses that are obsolete, furthermore my advise while using the
KOMA classes would be to use scrpage2 instead of fancyheadings.

Another thing that bugs me is all the stuff about even and odd pages. At
the beginning it is said that the document should be set as an article.
This documentclass doesn't support even and odd pages per default.
However we can turn it on by using the class option twoside.

In qgis_style.sty the fancyheadings has a setup for even and odd pages.
Should the documentation be set in oneside or twoside mode?

If you dont mind I will have a look further into the qgis_style.sty to
get a first run-trough of LaTeX.

Cheers, Thomas