[Qgis-community-team] Template

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 11:47:58 EDT 2008

Hi Stephan,

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:42:36 +0200
Stephan Reber <stephan.reber at sr-gis.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as the server works and Joomla1.0 is installed. It is time to work on
> the website.
>
> The first point is to come to a decision about the template. I thought
> of putting a choice of three templates online to look what is a good
> representation of QGIS. First can be the used template used currently on
> qgis.org. Tim, would you please so kind to send me the template
> (Thanks!) It's a nice template, but I think, there has to be little
> modification (e.g module positions). Second idea is to search a new
> template, where no great changes have to be made. And at last I can
> modify the installed template. My knowledge of html/css is enough to
> change some things on an existing template but not to create a new
> template. So in the end we can decide which template fits best and what
> other changes are required for a nice website.

good idea! Please keep also in mind that we would like to have kind of a
"cooperate identy" for web, blog, forum etc later. There are e.g. different
MoinMoin wiki themes at http://moinmo.in/ThemeMarket (maybe also for blog and
forum - but I don't know).

> The next point I think about is, what happens to the content of old
> website. Should the whole content migrate to the new site? We can import
> it and reorder it. Some points may move to the wiki/blog. Or we put an
> archive on the website, so the old content (e.g. news, interviews) is
> available there.

Maybe you could make some basic suggestions (like a skeleton) and we can discuss
it then on this list. And if you in general need help to implement your ideas,
please write to the lists as Tara just did and we can try to find more
volunteers to share the work load. I remember we are quite a few people with
joomla backround on the lists.

regards,