[Qgis-community-team] qgis plugins page

Stephan Reber stephan.reber at sr-gis.de
Thu Jun 19 11:03:04 EDT 2008

Hi!

Werner Macho schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> First to Stephan: Any success in contacting the joomla-team and asking
> for the code of the extension page?
I'm waiting for reply. But I wrote directly to the author of the
component (www.mosets.com).
> I found a few probably usefull extension but I dont know if you count
> them as 3rd party as they are official extension but not included in
> joomla itself.
I thought in depends on the author. Some components are from joomla.org,
others are written by yourself or they come from 3rd parties.

> Maybe we can use remository as extensions/plugins page:
> http://www.remository.com/
> seems to be very nice - and maybe usefull.
Yes, it seems there is everything needed for a plugin directory. Installed!
The Sobi2 component I have installed, provides reviews and downloads as
well. So we can play with these directries and look what is the best for
our purpose. Or we can use Mosets Tree, if we are allowed to.
I asked in a german Joomla forum for tips and reviews about Mosets Tree,
Sobi2 etc.. The answers weren't very satisfying. But one suggested also
remository.

> And i also found the JoomFish
> http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,460/Itemid,35/
>
> For probably making the website multilingual..
Installed!

> All in all I can say - the new page looks much more smoother than the
> "old" one.. Keep on with that work
Thanks!
> I found a few "links leading to nowhere" .. shall i correct them by
> myself or is anyone working on this?
>
> And .. There are a lot of Pages regarding to 0.8 or 0.9 release .. I
> suggest to write a "Install and compile howto" without any release
> numbers in it .. And adapt it whenever something has _really_ changed
> in the install process.
These are the things that I haven't done yet. I was aware of some pages
regarding older releases or links of leading to nowhere. When I
installed the backup, I thought it would be nice to have some content
for testing the site. So, I haven't tested every link. I wonder, if e.g.
the downloads also migrate to osgeo. Then more links got to be changed.
But if you like to correct the links now, you are welcome to do. It's a
good idea not to use release numbers. Also an update of the screenshots
would be nice (QGIS 0.7!). I will add those things to the wiki, now that
it works.

Regards
Stephan