[Qgis-community-team] Re: [work] [Qgis-release-team] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.11.0 feature freeze

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Jun 24 03:30:33 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:54:24 -0700
Tara Athan <tara_athan at alt2is.com> wrote:

> Documentation writiers -
> Some developers are protesting the GUI freeze at the present time.
> I can understand the desire to have a feature freeze before the GUI is
> fine-tuned.
> What do you think is a reasonable time period to allow for updating the
> English manual after a GUI freeze?
> All, or most, screen shots must be created after the GUI freeze, but I
> think a lot of the text can be prepared in advance.
>
> I am guessing that the English documentation update can probably be
> accomplished within a 1 month period if, as we are planning, we get all
> the macros, templates, datasets and so on, set up in advance.

yes, I also think this would be possible the way you described it above, if we
start soon :-). Can you please add a checklist to the wiki with deadlines for
orientation. Maybe a general version as used for the releases [1] would make
sense, and then we split up the work.

regards,
 Otto

[1] http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ReleaseChecklists