[Qgis-community-team] agreement in order to get SVN access

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Fri May 23 12:27:11 EDT 2008

The agreement that I have been asked to submit in order to get SVN
access is written for developers, not documentation writers.
While I agree that code contributions are very valuable and need to live
up to certain standards, is the same not true for documentation?
I have rewritten the required agreement to fit my situation - I hope
this is acceptable so that I can be granted SVN access and get on with
the manual revision.

I agree to:

   1.

      Abide by the Social Contract
      <http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Social_Contract>., with the
      understanding that some of the terms of the contract don't apply
      because I am not a code contributor.

   2.

      that any documentation I submit via a patch or commit is properly
      "documented", and compliant with QGIS Standards of Documentation,
      as stated on the DocumentationWritersCorner.

   3.

      If I change my mind and decide to contribute code at some future
      time, I will be familiar with the development process and the
      reference material available in the DevelopersCorner
      <http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/DevelopersCorner>, including the
      DevelopersManual. <http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/DevelopersManual>

   4. In addition, I will be familiar with the documentation process and
      the reference material available in the DocumentationWritersCorner.
   5. If I change my mind and decide to contribute code at some future
      time, I will ensure that all code committed to the repository is
      unencumbered and compatible with the QGIS license, GPL version 2.
   6. I will ensure that all documentation committed to the respository
      is unencumbered and  compatible with the QGIS  documentation
      copyright,  to be determined.
   7. If I change my mind and decide to contribute code at some future
      time, I will not use or include any code that will cause a
      trademark or patent infringement.
   8. I will not use or include any documentation that will cause a
      trademark or copyright infringement. If unsure, I will ask on the
      documentation mailing list or contact a Project Steering Committee
      member.
   9. If I change my mind and decide to contribute code at some future
      time, I will join the qgis-developer mailing list and contribute
      to discussions.
  10. I will join the qgis-community mailing list and contribute to
      discussions.
  11. I have temporarily subscribed to the qgis-developer mailing list
      in order to submit this agreement statement.
  12. I also am posting this message to the qgis-community mailing list,
      which is IMO the more relevant list for this statement.

Tara Athan