[Qgis-community-team] help with manual revision

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:20:31 EDT 2008

hi all!

I tried to compile the manual (trunk) under windows AND linux and here
are my experiences:

Linux: easy as always but .. lets say only with Makefile .. :(
Makefile (which is obviosly linux-only) does a convert with imagemagick
all png or jpg to needed eps..

eps files are much bigger than the png and jpg source files .. so what
to do here? commit eps to svn too for windows users?

after converting all pictures to .eps and trying it again under windows
there are much less complaints with texmaker and miktex but .. i guess
there are several other problems too..

like:
> ("C:\Programme\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\latex\tools\xspace.sty"
>
> Package: xspace 2006/05/08 v1.12 Space after command names (DPC,MH)
>
> )
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
>
> \@fileswith at pti@ns ...served at b \reserved at a ,\@nil
>
> ,}\fi \reserved at a
>
> l.211
>
> The control sequence at the end of the top line
>
> of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
>
> misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
>
> spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
>
> and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
>
> )
>
> Runaway definition?
>
> ->\@onefilewithoptions hyperref[bookmarks=true, bookmarksnumbered=fal\ETC.
>
> ! File ended while scanning definition of \reserved at a.
>
> <inserted text>
>
> }

so i guess if we want windows user to help with latex documentation and
manual writing we have to make sure that everything works under windows
as well..
the first problem i see is converting png and jpg to eps
second is a lot of other "Undefined control sequence" and other failures..

any suggestion how to deal with that problem.. we have to make sure that
tex compiles without makefile

regards werner