[Qgis-community-team] adding martins document to the manual

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Nov 11 05:28:36 EST 2009

Hi Micha and Carson,

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:57:09 +0000
Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Otto,
>
> > I almost added the vector analysis parts from Martin's document to the
> > manual trunk. Most of the topics are about plugins (topology, postgis
> > manager, osm, etc.). What are we going to do with that?
> Well the OSM stuff is now 'official' and in core, so we'll have to add that
> one (I'm going to try to finish this tonight or tomorrow night).

ok, sounds good. The vector tools described in the ./material_wonder/user.odt
are now all included. There are only some parts that are still in trunk for
qgis 1.4 and the plugins.

> > Do we still want to describe only core plugins?
> In the manual yes I think so, otherwise we'll never be done ;-)

yes, that is true and I also really want to finish the 1.3 :)

> > But it would be nice of course, if
> > we can put have a central place, where people find documentation about
> > external plugins as well, or a link to a webpage, as for Carson's
> > fTools.

> Maybe on the Wiki for now, until we have a few more how-to's/plugin
> manuals,
> and then at that point, we can think about maybe creating a dedicated
> plugins
> howto page on the website?

yes, a good idea. I will prepare something in the wiki and announce it to the
devel and user list the next days. As suggested by Micha with some "best
practices" hints for plugin authors, including instructions of where to
place manuals and help documents.