[Qgis-community-team] About publishing Korean QGIS manual in real book & e-book

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Apr 19 04:03:23 EDT 2012

Hi

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Shin, Sanghee <shshin at gaia3d.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> OSGeo Korean Language Chapter have just completed the translation of QGIS manual in Korean. And our local chapter members are currently talking about the possibility of publishing Korean QGIS manual in real book  & e-book. We believe that publishing Korean QGIS manual will increase the interest & awareness of QGIS here in Korea.

Wow! Awesome work! Please be aware of the ongoing work to convert the
documentation of QGIS into the sphinx/rst format.

> So I'm just wondering whether our local chapter need to get any permission from QGIS international community or there is anything we need to pay attention to.

There is no need to ask permission but it would be nice to:

- notify Otto when it is ready so he can put a link to it on the QGIS web site
- if you are selling the hard copies for profit, it would be nice if
you could assign some of the profits to QGIS project. Jean-Roc can
tell you more about how they manage this with the Frence printed
manual.

Also remember that you should not remove the attribution of authors or
publish it under a different license to the original works.

Regards

Tim

> Any advice or help will be appreciated.
>
> With regards,
>
> Sanghee
> ---
> Shin, Sanghee
> Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
> http://www.gaia3d.com
> Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
> Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

 * QGIS programming services