[Qgis-community-team] review translatability

Diethard Jansen diethard.jansen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 03:56:58 PDT 2012

Hello,

Although the latex to rst conversion is nearly done, I am a bit worried
about a thing.
I reviewed if created rst documents could be translated.
I tried a bit of translation to Dutch (nl)..

The translation of preamble.rst was fine.
The translation of features_at_a_glance.rst did not work for me.
I could create latest .pot file, merging to existing Dutch .po file was ok,
I could continue with translations in QtLinguist and after this I created
.mo file.
In Github the localised mo.files are missing, but locally they are
available. So everything seems fine but after building html I do not see a
translated version of features_at_a_glance with a bit of Dutch in it.

In another case I tried to create new .pot files for folder "working" but
then python jumps to using 99% CPU time and seem to end up looping, for it
seems to runs forever.

Can someone confirm my findings and indicate where I should look for
failure(s) in translation process (i.e. logging).
I am working on the documentation on a MacBook (OSX) using Emacs.

Regards,
Diethard