[Qgis-community-team] review translatability

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Aug 27 17:59:55 PDT 2012

Hi

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Diethard Jansen
<diethard.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Although the latex to rst conversion is nearly done, I am a bit worried
> about a thing.
> I reviewed if created rst documents could be translated.
> I tried a bit of translation to Dutch (nl)..
>
> The translation of preamble.rst was fine.
> The translation of features_at_a_glance.rst did not work for me.
> I could create latest .pot file, merging to existing Dutch .po file was ok,
> I could continue with translations in QtLinguist and after this I created
> .mo file.
> In Github the localised mo.files are missing, but locally they are
> available. So everything seems fine but after building html I do not see a
> translated version of features_at_a_glance with a bit of Dutch in it.
>
> In another case I tried to create new .pot files for folder "working" but
> then python jumps to using 99% CPU time and seem to end up looping, for it
> seems to runs forever.
>
> Can someone confirm my findings and indicate where I should look for
> failure(s) in translation process (i.e. logging).
> I am working on the documentation on a MacBook (OSX) using Emacs.

We will probably need to create some scripts to manage the translation
process. If you are handy with bash you can try porting the scripts
from the training manual https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Manual
to make the process work seamlessly, or stand by for Paolo Corti's
Pootle roll out. I will chat to Paolo next week and try to get some
working scripts in place (unless he already did this and I missed the
thread).

Regards

Tim

> Regards,