[Qgis-community-team] please vote for graphic implementation

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Aug 27 17:49:39 PDT 2012

Hi

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi Otto
>
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:
>
> 8<---------snip-------------------
>

>> ok, good ideas. for Larissa the next step means to update the figure
>> definitions, and according to the training manual, we would create a folder
>> _static_en for the english figures and put all figures there before she
>> starts. If Larissa wants to update the figure definitions to "version 2" as
>> described in her Email she would use e.g. ./plugins/_static_en/loadgpx.png
>> instead of img/en/plugins_gps/loadgpx.png - right?
>>
>> A note: In the manual we still have all figures splitted in subfolders like
>>
>> ./plugins/img
>> ./introduction/img
>>
>> the Training Manual only has one level. Should we also change that in the
>> repo? - put all rst files and one _static_en under ./source?  And then all
>> translations under ./translated/<language> and additionally for the
>> figures add a _static_<language> folder?
>
> All rst and one _static (no en in the name) - I would remove the en
> and keep the base _static dir locale agnostic.

Sorry please ignore the above I was tired and not thinking straight.
The image dir should be as you said, just references to paths in rst
should exclude any locale reference (assuming we follow the scheme we
used in the training manual).

Regards

Tim

> Then the script will iterate through the supported locales and do
> something like:
>
> rm _static
> ln -s _static_en _static
> rm _static
> ln -s _static_de _static
>
> etc as it builds each locale.
>

>> I would like to get Larissa started for the update of the english manual to
>> version 1.8. It is not about translation yet, but it seems to me, we need to
>> make some fundamental changes to the repo structure before. Do I understand
>> it correctly?
>>

> I think we dont need to change the layout of the img folders (one per
> directory) but I will need to check that.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> Regards
>> Otto
>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tim

> --
> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
>  * QGIS programming services
>  * Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
>  * FOSS Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services