[Qgis-community-team] please vote for graphic implementation

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Aug 27 08:04:03 PDT 2012

Hi Otto

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:

8<---------snip-------------------

> ok, good ideas. for Larissa the next step means to update the figure
> definitions, and according to the training manual, we would create a folder
> _static_en for the english figures and put all figures there before she
> starts. If Larissa wants to update the figure definitions to "version 2" as
> described in her Email she would use e.g. ./plugins/_static_en/loadgpx.png
> instead of img/en/plugins_gps/loadgpx.png - right?
>
> A note: In the manual we still have all figures splitted in subfolders like
>
> ./plugins/img
> ./introduction/img
>
> the Training Manual only has one level. Should we also change that in the
> repo? - put all rst files and one _static_en under ./source?  And then all
> translations under ./translated/<language> and additionally for the
> figures add a _static_<language> folder?

All rst and one _static (no en in the name) - I would remove the en
and keep the base _static dir locale agnostic.

Then the script will iterate through the supported locales and do
something like:

rm _static
ln -s _static_en _static
rm _static
ln -s _static_de _static

etc as it builds each locale.

> I would like to get Larissa started for the update of the english manual to
> version 1.8. It is not about translation yet, but it seems to me, we need to
> make some fundamental changes to the repo structure before. Do I understand
> it correctly?

I think we dont need to change the layout of the img folders (one per
directory) but I will need to check that.

Regards

Tim

> Regards
> Otto