[Qgis-community-team] whee warning free

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Oct 28 23:15:11 PDT 2012

Hi

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Diethard Jansen
<diethard.jansen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Pity, we both worked on same warnings. It's not easy to get going again
> when a git merge fails. Maybe we should also include some advice how to
> prevent and solve these situations. Same happened to me last week :( . I
> decided to undo last commit (not pushed yet).

Are you guys talking about sphinx warnings or pdflatex warnings? It would
be good to set up a Jenkins job to check for sphinx warnings and red flag
commits that introduce new warnings. If folks are interested, I will look
into that when I have a sec.

Regards

Tim

> Regards,
> Diethard
>
> Op 29 okt. 2012 om 02:12 heeft Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Just cleaned up the last warnings from the documentation build proces
> > (EDIT: that was before some (for me unmergable) new commits :-) )
> >
> > Some remarks from that:
> >
> > - one warning was about referencing to figures in other rst files: it
> looks (to me) if that is not possible. As Otto proposed, we maybe should
> not try that, but refer to the section which holds the figure (that is how
> I solved that warning)
> >
> > - dvi2png warning: although I had a succesfull pdf and html build, there
> was still some warning about dvi2png path. After installing it that one was
> solved BUT I'm not sure if it is actually needed???
> > (I added it in the index.rst)
> >
> > - the 'release disclaimer' is working a little different then proposed.
> Please consult the working example in conventions.rst
> >
> > I also hope that others also can build the pdf docs, and not that I'm
> the only one (together with Otto and the documentation server) who can
> succesfully build those)
> >
> > With me it is actually ending with:
> > /usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdflatex exited with bad status, quitting.
> >
> > Not sure what that means...
> >
> > Richard

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services