[Qgis-community-team] Translations of the website

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Aug 10 01:24:03 PDT 2013

Hi,

Who is our current website lead? Some documents suggest Werner Macho is
leading our website efforts, is this still true?

While I like the direction the website is going, I feel that pages such as
http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/html/en/website/community/index.html don't
represent a mature open source software project yet.

Concerning the design: Didn't we have plans to get some professional to
work on it? I remember something about the Inasafe website and it's
designer ...
- None of the content boxes seem to really align well on the main page.
- The bright blue does nothing in relation with the colors in our logo.
- The bar with language flags takes much more screen estate than it has any
right to.

I really like how http://inasafe.linfiniti.com/en/ has three main sections
visible when the page loads: What is Inasafe, Insall Inasafe and Help. I
think that's a good concept to copy for us. The whole introduction text
would be shortened into the "What is QGIS" section with a "read more"
button to the full text. Screenshots, case studies and the rest of the
items would be visible when scrolling down further.

On a related note: Who receives mails addressed to info at qgis.org? If we
keep that address on the main page, I think it will be flooded with support
requests.

Best wishes,
Anita