[Qgis-community-team] website structure

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Thu Aug 29 02:08:51 PDT 2013

On 29-08-13 10:51, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Well - if something cannot be reached from the startpage - people won't
> find it. That's bad. Having to go through several landing pages is not
> very convenient.

personally I prefer to have an intelligent two or three click (or via
Search) way of finding things over an easily overcrowded frontpage.

> As I understand these dropdown menues they are only visible if the user
> opens the dropdown menu. What's wrong if these entries are a bit longer?

Using Bootstrap(themes), you get this if you have long menus:

OK on a pc:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97361298@N07/9621769152/

unusable on a phone or smaller screen:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97361298@N07/9621768986/

off course you can make custom menus, but all customality (;-)) comes
with a cost: next year nobody wants to hack on this again.

I prefer to use either a such simple design that we do not have to think
about these problems.

Regards,

Richard