[Qgis-community-team] Web translations

Diethard Jansen diethard.jansen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 12:57:44 PST 2013

Hi,

I believe to have a web solution would be great, but there will still be
problems with parts of the manual that can not be translated yet.To switch
to pootle and then find out that the english reST document still needs to
be changed is realistic. Documents with footers can not be translated,
Inline code block where lines end with ::
 give problems and there are some other problems to overcome. Figures far
too small because a smaller font is used in the theme where the units used
for the size of figures is related to used fonts. The caption of figures
that can not be translated nor the code.  All in all, I believe github is
not really the biggest problem. The challenge  to make sure that all parts
of documents can be translated is probably a bigger one. Maybe we should
stop using captions for tables and figures. I looked at other manuals build
on reST and found they are missing there as well.

Regards,
Diethard