[Qgis-community-team] Proposal to divide some pages in QGIS documentation

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 05:29:52 PDT 2015

Hi,
Richard,

> Hi,
>
> it's a good thing, to split up and make docs better \o/
>
> one thing to note, is that this will also mean (partly) new resources in
> transifex. The synchronisation between the sources/files in github and
> transifex is still by hand. So please let me know when you want a
> 'synchronisation/update'.
>
> another thing to know/note is that if we create a new file (and we add
> it as a resource), it is automatically pushed to transifex, BUT old (not
> nessecary) files will NOT be removed automatically.

Even if the PR is merged in master, it'll be pushed to Transifex?
I thought only released doc (2.8) was available to translation. Or do you
suggest to backport this PR?

> so please let us/me know if you find a resource at transifex, of which
> you cannot find a file in the documentation website anymore. We should
> then remove the resource.
> BUT we have to be carefull with removing, because removing a 'resource'
> will also remove all translations. And I'm not sure (yet) that from a
> removed resource we keep th 'translation memory' to be able to use for
> (the same) strings in newer or renamed resources.

IMO, this point is very important as it will be regrettable to lose the
translations already done, especially on a so vast chapter.
I found this link (http://docs.transifex.com/faq/#source-files) but I can't
tell if this sentence (*"However, old translations are kept in the
project's Translation Memory
<http://docs.transifex.com/guides/localization#translation-memory-tm>")* is
just about translations done in an updated resource file or about all
translations that have been saved in the project one day.

> ( just a heads up, so you all know how things work, and we can refine
> and make translations better :-)  )
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Thanks for your heads-up