[Qgis-developer] Remove geoprocessing plugin?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Dec 13 11:24:39 EST 2010

indeed it would be nice to have more metadata on a project. Also, QGIS
Server (the WMS part of it) requires metadata like contact person,
organization, etc. for the creation of the WMS contact metadata part.
Currently one has to specify a separate XML fragment for this metadata. It
would be much nicer, if such information could be extracted from the
project file.

If someone works on the project metadata, it should be aligned with the
needs of QGIS server.

Andreas

On Mon, December 13, 2010 4:31 pm, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:
>> I think we need to be careful about removing functionality that people
>> are using. In particular I'm thinking of the copyright plugin.
>
>  The copyright attribution should possibly be part of a project's
> metadata. The project properties dialog is a bit thin on metadata, it
> just has a title for the project. Would it be a good idea to have
> copyright, authors, description etc as properties attached to a
> project? Is there a plugin for this already? The Metadata plugin is
> for layers only.... Hmmm anyone wnat to write a Dublin Core metadata
> editor plugin for project files?
>
> Barry

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/