[Qgis-developer] WFS strange network timeout error on localhost with latest master tests (but not on 127.0.0.1)

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 01:12:41 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a strange issue from a QGIS python test in master:

If I use "localhost" in the url, this times out:
assert QgsVectorLayer("version='auto' table='' url='
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi/?map=/home/dev/QGIS/tests/testdata/qgis_server/test_project.qgs'
typename='testlayer_èé' srsname='EPSG:4326'", 'wfs', 'WFS').isValid()

- If I point it to 127.0.0.1 it works normally.
- Both localhost and 127.0.0.1 work as expected from a web browser or for
curl/wget
- Using another server different from qgis shows the same behaviour (hence
it does not depend on qgis server but only on the hostname)
- The same Python code works fine if run from within QGIS master
- I have nothing strange in my /etc/hosts
- This does not depend on ctest: runnig the test directly from python shows
the same problem
- WMS is working fine with both localhost and 127.0.0.1, so far only WFS
shows this problem

Env:
- ubuntu xenial
- Qt 5.5.1