[Qgis-developer] Dropping the "render" checkbox

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Feb 28 02:00:29 PST 2017

Hi Tim

On 02/28/2017 10:42 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> One reason to keep it: For us the use case has often been when you are
> doing first set up of a project and you are dropping a bunch of large
> layers yet. You want to set up scale dependent visibility and rules
> first without waiting for time consuming renders, then enable rendering
> when everything is added. I know we can also use the option to make
> layers not visible when they are first added to the canvas so I reckon
> that use case can be worked around easily enough.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but why is it important that in this
case nothing is rendered? I imagine you can just configure scale
dependent rendering, while ignoring that something is rendered in the
background. And once you apply the changed config, rendering will
restart with the same net-time and net-result (but less clicks).

Matthias