[Qgis-developer] Ideas concerning plugin deployment

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 04:49:11 PDT 2017

In MetaSearch we have a release workflow for 'out-of-band' releases
from QGIS core which was inherited from when MetaSearch was not a core
QGIS plugin.

MetaSearch uses Paver to generate a zipfile for upload to plugins.qgis.org [1].
You can see the core machinery to generate the zipfile at [2].

Hope this helps.

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/MetaSearch/pavement.py#L138
[2] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/MetaSearch/pavement.py#L106