[QGIS-Developer] Bookmarks severely broken. Unusable?

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Nov 28 05:11:45 PST 2017

Thanks for clarification, yes I failed some of your check, see below:

Le 28/11/2017 à 13:40, Richard Duivenvoorde a écrit :
> Hi Yves,
>
> I have all kind of strange behaviours. As said: in master I can only
> create one bookmark. And 'In Project' I cannot check.
>
> But in 2.18.14 (only 2.18 I have) it is behaving strange too, looks like
> it is depending on if you opening an existing project or not???
> - I CAN check the check-boxes if I load an existing project
> BUT the bookmark checked moves to the bottom then (sorting on??)
Confirmed. I guess in-project are grouped below.
> - I can NOT check the checkbox when I create a new project, then load
> some data, save the project and add a bookmark.
Confirmed.
> - some project end up with a 0 srid (and are not usable anymore after that)
Confirmed on my side, srid is 0 when checking in-project. But bookmarks
are still usable.
> - after opening an existing project I can all at a sudden check the
> check-boxes again (from other projects?), but IF I check those, I
> actually delete them from my global bookmarks????
>
> Apparently the 'In Project' means something like: save it in the
> project, BUT remove it from the global bookmarks?
Yes, indeed. But for me it is what I am waiting when checking such
checkbox if not I will duplicate them. But this is just my point of view :)
> At least to me the behavior of all this is very counter-intuitive :-(
>
> 2.18, I do not care too much about it, but in Master it should work (and
> preferably work intuitive :-)  )...
There is clearly a bug when creating a project and not able to create
new bookmarks. The sort of "in project" bookmark don't hurt me too much.
srid = 0 is really strange and could be seen as a bug.

Y.