[QGIS-Developer] PyQgis QgsCoordinateTransform constructor?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 06:38:30 PST 2018

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi Alessandro,
>
> Thanks for your information.
>
> I just want to hear other core devs' opinions if this would be useful for
> QGIS.ORG. QGIS.ORG infrastructure is already complex and mainly only
> Jürgen, Richard and partially Tim understand the infrastructure partially.
> If we start something new I would like to see a long-term commitment from
> someone to maintain it (lets say at least for the upcoming year from the
> start on).

I totally agree, I'm not pushing for AWS expecially because the nightlies
are still available, just trying to offer a solution to a problem, and the
solution is still available (as long as Boundless doesn't switch off the
nightlies), when I was in Boundless we went through the same problem 2
years ago, we tried automated docker builds and they timed out (like Denis
said) so we went for AWS and it has been working reliably for 2 years, it
may just require small adjustments when new dependencies are added (like
with Qt 9.1 for 3D).

BTW, I believe that a publicly available nightly docker for Python plugins
Travis-CI testing is beneficial for everybody and increases plugins
quality, I'm just sad when I see people reinventing the wheel.

I would be happier if a company committed to sponsor and long-term maintain
this part of the infrastructure, today it's up and running and QGIS master
nightly docker images for CI are generated and publicly available, but we
don't know about tomorrow.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it