[QGIS-Developer] QGIS3 Processing Modeler - some bugs encountered

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:57:50 PST 2018

On 19 January 2018 at 18:26, kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> I am looking at Processing for QGIS3, and would like to share some bugs I
> discovered while playing with models. I have not found related issues in the
> hub. I will add them after some feedback. Please point me the the issues if
> they do exists in Redmine
>
> * Number input is not proposed in algorithms. For example, after adding an
> input of type Number, you cannot anymore use this input as a value for the
> buffer size in the QGIS fixed buffer alg : no combobox is shown to the user,
> just a standard text input.

The interface here isn't fantastic - but you need to hit the '...'
button to the right of the numeric parameter and then you'll see the
input exposed as a variable for use.

We need https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/84
in order to improve this.

> * Grid alg : the user can choose the extent of one of the vector layers (
> inputs or results of alg), bug when you run the model, the extent is empty
> and the grid alg failed.

Confirmed - PR with fix is https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6133

Nyall